Fitness Chart for People with Less Mobility to Avoid Different Health Issues
Obesity is the cause of many ailments in the body. Not only people get joint pain like arthritis, osteoporosis, but they also suffer from bad cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart-related issues, and diabetes. Thus, doctors always recommend a proper diet and physical exercise especially to those, who have long hours of sitting job. If you have to stay on your seat for more than eight hours at a stretch, you can get neck and back pain, thus physical workout is necessary to stay healthy at old age.
Those who are physically fine can work out day and night to keep themselves physically fit. However, people who are disabled due to injury or any other chronic condition, have to face the challenge of maintaining adequate weight and body shape. It becomes difficult for people who are severely injured or are bedridden due to old age. Most of them undergo a special diet to stay healthy or undergo a special weight loss plan.
Silver Sneakers is a health-related programs where activities are held for people who have mobility issues. The program was created in 1992. It is a one-hour fitness program which is run by professionals. It is convenient for all age group of people who have less mobility in life. The program is offered in various locations and Community Health Care System can help you locate the right nonprofit hospital in your area.
If you’re unable to enroll in any such program, then here are few tips to lose weight with less mobility –
- Eating healthy and nutritious food is recommended by every dietitian and doctors. In order to reduce weight gain, you should eat high protein diet which builds muscles and tissues and eat less calories.
- It is a myth that only mobile people can work out. There are many activities and workout available for limited mobility people as well.
- Cardiovascular exercise like swimming puts less strain on the injured body part, but also helps in reducing weight keep fit.
- Never ever try anything just by looking online. Consult your doctor and dietitian for proper fitness plan and diet chart.
- Eat plenty of fruits and drink ample fluid to remove toxins from the body. This will keep the body immune system strong.
- This plan can become strenuous if you do it every day, so spare one day in a week for yourself where you can give proper rest to your body. Take ample sleep to recover muscles.
There are many ways of staying healthy. It isn’t necessary to run or walk to remove excessive body fat. Keep yourself away from stress, anxiety, and depression that are the major cause of different health issues.